Yuletide 2017 assignments have been sent. You can find your assignment by:
- going to your Assignments page on AO3, which you can find at https://archiveofourown.org/users/YOUR-USERNAME-HERE/assignments;
- looking down the left sidebar of the 2017 Yuletide collection to see the following list;
- checking your email, if you have collection-related emails from the Archive of Our Own enabled in your Preferences.
Stay Chill, Stay Silent
This is a secret exchange. Don’t announce what your assignment is. Don’t reveal to your recipient who you are or what you plan to write for them. In fact, please don’t contact them at all. You can send questions through the mods at email@example.com (but please read further in this post before you send any questions).
I have questions!!
Naturally! Right now there are three kinds of questions: questions that we would like you to send right away; questions that we ask you to hold off sending until October 15th; and questions we can’t help with at all.
Questions to send immediately
- My assignment doesn’t have the fandoms and characters I offered - what’s wrong? - We haven’t heard this one for a while, but if that does happen to you, please email us.
- I don’t have an assignment! Where is it? - Please check that you signed up… But yes, please do let us know.
Questions to hold off sending until October 15
- Could you please ask my recipient to unlock/complete their letter? - Please give them, and us, a few more days.
- I don’t understand my recipient’s prompts. Could you ask them…? - Again, please give us a few days. If your question is very general - for example, they include a term you don’t recognize - you may be able to sign in to IRC or Discord and ask other participants! Please be careful not to give away what fandom you’re writing, and for whom.
- How exactly do I fulfil my assignment? Do I have to… - Again, please give us a few days, see above question, and see the FAQ.
Questions not to ask us
- My assignment is terrible. Can I change it? - No. If you have an assignment that matches what you offered, please either work to fulfil it, or default.
The FAQ may answer some of your questions.
( Asking for more details through the mods )
Your assignment is due at 9am UTC on 18 December. In your timezone, that will not be the end of 18 December. It may be early. It may even still be the 17th.
(If you happen to be wondering, later, “when’s the deadline again?” you can check your assignment email, or look on the 2017 Yuletide collection - either at the top, or in the Schedule.)
And last and most important, have fun!